Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dimasalang/My Homeland (satjr.)



Dear Dimasalang, pacific cradle


Of illustrious and brilliant people.


In your rich garden of bliss and beauty,


Everyone can feel pure tranquility.


Memories of you will never depart


Oh pristine haven you’ll stay in my heart!


Amidst the triumph and jubilation


You certainly serve my inspiration


Stars and moon above, that glitter your sky


Declare your splendor with a joyful cry


Angels protect you from evil and harm


Bestow your settlers with goodness and charm


Lustrous paradise, homeland of the greats


To you I’ll offer all my greatest deeds


Always praise and thank, deeply glorify


Our dear Creator, Holy God on High!


Never be afraid, Heaven is your guide


Love humility, take away your pride


Go and reach your dream, town that I adore


Dear Dimasalang, shine forevermore!

http://www.writerscafe.org/poetry.php?id=88746

No comments: